How do I find a caregiver for mom who lives in another state?

I live in Las Vegas and my mom lives in California.

Scot Cheben
Scot Cheben
Senior Advisor

I would only recommend going through an home care agency.  There are agencies throughout the state of California.  When you are searching for the right agency, keep in mind that the agencies that use W-2 employees are more likely to provide you with everything in their price.  Using those type of agencies, you shouldn't have to worry about required licenses, background checks, workers comp insurance, and paying their taxes.  Not to mention the laws on payroll.  There is a lot involved when you hire the caregiver direct.  Going through an agency cost a little more, but in the long run will be much better for your peace of mind.  Some of the larger franchised agencies are: Home Instead, Senior Helpers, Comfort Care, Right at Home.  

We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and...  (more)We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and relevant information to senior citizens and their families and loved ones. The material provided through our site is made available for informational purposes only. In no way should users of our site rely or act upon any information provided herein without seeking appropriate professional advice (medical, legal or financial). Users should independently verify the accuracy, completeness and relevance for their specific purposes. The information provided through our site is not intended to constitute professional advice and in no way forms or constitutes a professional-client relationship of any kind.

Submit your own question

More Answers