I have noticed some irregular credit card transactions and bank account withdrawals from my mom. I ask her about it and she simply shrugs it off saying it was stuff for around the house. What should I do?

I live in a different state from my mom and don't have any other family member that can go over to see how she is doing. I need some help with what the type of services available and how to go about getting that help.

Chris Cooper
Chris Cooper
Private Fiduciary, Trustee,Conservator, Financial Advisor

You can call a government agency available is all states called Adult Protective Services.  They will investigate any report of neglect, abuse, or theft from an elder.  Also check with www.caremanager.com for a referral to an Aging specialist in your area. Sounds like Financial Elder Abuse maybe happening from computer fraud (such as the ransom virus where it makes you pay money to get control of your computer, which you never get back).  Also, she could have a friend (even a BOYfriend or someone faking as a romantic partner) who is asking for money. Or it could be a relative or a neighbor who is the abuser.  

We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and...  (more)We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and relevant information to senior citizens and their families and loved ones. The material provided through our site is made available for informational purposes only. In no way should users of our site rely or act upon any information provided herein without seeking appropriate professional advice (medical, legal or financial). Users should independently verify the accuracy, completeness and relevance for their specific purposes. The information provided through our site is not intended to constitute professional advice and in no way forms or constitutes a professional-client relationship of any kind.

View 1 other answer

More Answers