I take care of my mother 24/7 who has dementia. Can I recieve benefits from the state of Georgia and the federal governement?

I quit working to take care of my elderly mother who has dementia.

Admond Fong
Admond Fong
Senior Specialist

To add on to Scot's comments, we need more information on the status of your mother. Such as her age and whether she has earned enough social security credits. If she does meet those requirements, then she may also qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits.

Click on the below link from the Alzheimer Association:


You can also go to another company called Allsup and they actually assist with the application and criteria process. Let them know that CareGivingAnswers.com referred you over to them. They will take great care of you as there is no up front costs. Visit them on https://www.allsup.com/

We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and...  (more)We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and relevant information to senior citizens and their families and loved ones. The material provided through our site is made available for informational purposes only. In no way should users of our site rely or act upon any information provided herein without seeking appropriate professional advice (medical, legal or financial). Users should independently verify the accuracy, completeness and relevance for their specific purposes. The information provided through our site is not intended to constitute professional advice and in no way forms or constitutes a professional-client relationship of any kind.

View 2 other answers

More Answers