I want to use the care giver of my choice for my mother and her medicaid pay

We already use an agency and it is not working out. I have someone I would like to use. They are not a family member. My mother is already approved for care

Scot Cheben
Scot Cheben
Senior Advisor

Sorry to hear that things are not working out.  Medicaid is state run program and each state has different rules they follow.  You can always request a different caregiver from the agency.  You just to tell them that things are not working out.   As for using someone else that might not be working for the agency, that would be a question for the agency.  Most likely you will not be able to use them unless they work for the agency.  State funds might cover the care but they will not pay out to just anyone.  I would approach the agency for options for your situation.  

We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and...  (more)We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and relevant information to senior citizens and their families and loved ones. The material provided through our site is made available for informational purposes only. In no way should users of our site rely or act upon any information provided herein without seeking appropriate professional advice (medical, legal or financial). Users should independently verify the accuracy, completeness and relevance for their specific purposes. The information provided through our site is not intended to constitute professional advice and in no way forms or constitutes a professional-client relationship of any kind.

More Answers