I have an aunt who's retired and living alone in another state. she had suffered a stroke a few years ago. She can still get around by herself - but is beginning to slow down and may need to go live in a senior home.whats the best way to find the right facility for her?

Chris Cooper
Chris Cooper
Private Fiduciary, Trustee,Conservator, Financial Advisor

Fly over to Hawaii and look at them with her, is by far the best way to find a good place.  But before doing that, have your aunt assessed by a geriatric social worker who can give you a good idea of what service she needs now and what she may need sooner than later.  Then you can use that to find a better fit for your aunt.

We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and...  (more)We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and relevant information to senior citizens and their families and loved ones. The material provided through our site is made available for informational purposes only. In no way should users of our site rely or act upon any information provided herein without seeking appropriate professional advice (medical, legal or financial). Users should independently verify the accuracy, completeness and relevance for their specific purposes. The information provided through our site is not intended to constitute professional advice and in no way forms or constitutes a professional-client relationship of any kind.

View 1 other answer

More Answers