I take care of my mother 24/7 who has dementia. Can I recieve benefits from the state of Georgia and the federal governement?

I quit working to take care of my elderly mother who has dementia.

Chris Cooper
Chris Cooper
Private Fiduciary, Trustee,Conservator, Financial Advisor

Check with your area agency on aging in your state.  Some states will use Medicaid dollars to pay for limited home care benefits, which can include paying family members, if they are eligible as a home health aide.

We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and...  (more)We at Care Giving Answers strive to provide helpful and relevant information to senior citizens and their families and loved ones. The material provided through our site is made available for informational purposes only. In no way should users of our site rely or act upon any information provided herein without seeking appropriate professional advice (medical, legal or financial). Users should independently verify the accuracy, completeness and relevance for their specific purposes. The information provided through our site is not intended to constitute professional advice and in no way forms or constitutes a professional-client relationship of any kind.

View 2 other answers

More Answers